How Your HVAC Systems Affect Your Home’s Resale Value
Purchasing a home is a huge investment, and buyers are usually uncomfortable with the idea of immediately needing to repair or replace a house’s major systems, like the heating and cooling system. A new or well-maintained HVAC system can help you stand out in a sea of available homes when you decide to sell. We’ve put together some tips to help you decide if replacing your HVAC system is a good idea to increase your home’s resale value.
Unsure if your home’s HVAC system needs to be replaced? Call Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating at (801) 416-2215, or contact us online, for an evaluation of your current system.
Reasons to Replace Your HVAC Before Selling Your Home
- A new heating and/or cooling system is a great way to catch a buyer’s interest, or break a “tie” when a buyer is choosing between your home and another comparable home without a new HVAC system.
- Beginning January 1, 2020, the production of R-22 refrigerant was prohibited in the U.S. If your HVAC system was installed before 2010, it more than likely uses R-22. Now than the ban is in effect, the only R-22 available is recycled from current supplies, which means the price is dramatically increasing as supplies become more limited. Most buyers will steer clear of a home with a system that requires R-22.
- A new HVAC system can greatly improve your home’s energy efficiency, which is appealing to many buyers due to the decrease in utility bills.
- Modern HVAC systems often have a smaller footprint than their older counterparts. This could mean an increase in the useable space in your home.
How to Choose the Correct HVAC System to Increase the Value of Your Home
- A reputable HVAC brand that buyers have heard of often holds more perceived value than a little-known or less-popular brand.
- Consider the most energy-efficient system available. The idea of low heating and cooling costs will increase the value of your home in the minds of buyers. Eco-efficiency is also an excellent marketing tool.
- Consult a professional to help you select the right size HVAC system for your home. If your unit is too small, the system will run constantly as it struggles to maintain the proper temperature. If the system is too large for your home, you’re wasting money on unnecessary equipment and power to run it.
Why Choose Mountain Air to Replace Your Home’s HVAC System?
Homeowners in the Ogden area have relied on Mountain Air for respectful and honest service technicians, upfront pricing, and quality workmanship since 1954. Our team of HVAC professionals offers only the best customer service and products to improve your family’s comfort along with your home’s value. Mountain Air is family-owned and -operated, so we are proud of the excellent service we provide to our community, and the satisfied reviews from our customers show it. We’re here for you when you need HVAC repair. Call us any time for 24/7 emergency service.
If you’re interested in learning more about how replacing your HVAC system can improve your home’s resale value, contact the experts at Mountain Air. We’re ready to set up a consultation or answer any questions you may have. Call us at (801) 416-2215.