How New HVAC Systems Increase Your Home’s Resale Value
A new or well-maintained HVAC system can help you stand out in a sea of available homes when you decide to sell. We’ve put together some tips to help you decide if replacing your HVAC system is a good idea to increase your home’s resale value.
Not sure if your home’s HVAC system needs to be replaced?
Why You Should Replace Your HVAC Before Selling Your Home
If you’re planning on selling your house soon, replacing your HVAC system now can have huge benefits. In today’s competitive housing market, buyers want the most bang for their buck. Installing a new furnace or air conditioner could be the best decision you make before hitting the market.
Here are some reasons why it’s best to replace your HVAC system before selling your house:
- A new furnace and/or air conditioner system is a great way to catch a buyer’s interest or break a tie when a buyer is choosing between your home and another comparable home without a new HVAC system.
- Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, the production of R-22 refrigerant was prohibited in the U.S. If your HVAC system was installed before 2010, it more than likely uses R-22. Now that the ban is in effect, the only R-22 available is recycled from current supplies, which means the price is dramatically increasing as supplies become more limited. Most buyers will avoid a home with an R-22 system.
- A new HVAC system can greatly improve your home’s energy efficiency, which is appealing to many buyers due to the decrease in utility bills.
- Modern HVAC systems often have a smaller footprint than their older counterparts. This could mean an increase in the useable space in your home.
In some cases, it’s best to replace your heating and air conditioning systems at the same time.
Call the HVAC experts at Mountain Air for tips on when you should replace your furnace and AC.
How To Choose an HVAC System That Increases the Value of Your Home
- A reputable HVAC brand that buyers have heard of often holds more perceived value than a little-known or less-popular brand.
- Consider the most energy-efficient system available. The appeal of low heating and cooling costs will increase the value of your home in the minds of buyers. Eco-efficiency is also an excellent marketing tool.
- Consult a professional to help you select the right size HVAC system for your home. If your unit is too small, the system will run constantly as it struggles to maintain the temperature. If the system is too large for your home, you’re wasting money on unnecessary equipment and power to run it.
Ways You Can Save on Your New HVAC Installation
Just because a new HVAC system boosts your home’s resell value doesn’t mean it’s not still a big investment for you. That’s why the team at Mountain Air prioritizes long-lasting equipment and multiple ways to lighten the strain on your wallet.
We install new, name-brand, energy-efficient heaters and air conditioners from trusted brands like Lennox so you get the most value out of your new purchase. We also provide options that can help customers cover the initial costs of installing these systems.
We’re always on the lookout for ways to help Utah homeowners save on HVAC upgrades. Ask us about:
Why Choose Mountain Air To Replace Your Home’s HVAC System?
Homeowners in the Ogden area have relied on Mountain Air for respectful and honest service technicians, upfront pricing, and quality work since 1954. Our HVAC professionals offer only the best customer service and products to improve your family’s comfort and your home’s value.
Mountain Air is family-owned and -operated, so we’re proud of the excellent service we provide to our community, and the satisfied reviews from our customers show it. We’re here for you when you need HVAC repair.
Want to learn more about how replacing your HVAC system can improve your home’s resale value?