Should I Replace My AC Unit in the Winter?
Replacing your air conditioning system is never really something you look forward to, unless you’ve been doing without. The event typically means an investment of money, a lot of decision-making, and finding a trustworthy HVAC company. However you can make the process a good ideal easier in a way you might not expect: by choosing when you decide to replace your system.
Is winter the right time to replace your current cooling system? The experts at Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating are here to help you find out!
Struggling to decide when’s the best time to replace your cooling system? Contact the team at Mountain Air today to work with specialists that can help you make the right move!
Determining When the Investment Is Worth It
There’s really no getting around the fact that purchasing a new system presents a situation where you have to make a fairly sizable investment. So in many ways your decision comes down to weighing the cost and time needed versus what you get out of the deal. Major considerations include:
- The age of your current system. Cooling equipment can be expected to perform effectively for around 10-15 years when they’re properly maintained. Past this point you begin to see more frequent repairs and overall far weaker performance.
- Whether or not your current system can keep up. Does your system struggle to keep your home cool, or does it leave your home feeling humid? If so then there’s no reason to keep paying the upkeep on it. Just replace for better results!
- Your current average utility costs. Noticing a trend of higher energy costs with each passing summer? This is one of the first clear signs that a replacement will save you cash in the long run.
- How often you need repairs. A single cooling repair, depending on the nature of the issue, is usually reasonable. But that story flips real fast when you need repair yearly or even more often.
- How costly your current repair needs are. Some repairs, such as compressor replacement, can cost you an arm and a leg. When repair costs start to hit around the 4-500+ cost point it’s wise to discuss how a replacement might be more beneficial with your HVAC contractor.
The Perks of a Winter Purchase
So what does winter have to do with all of this? Well, winter is one of the prime off season times for cooling systems. Along with fall, purchasing a cooling system in off seasons can present you with some considerable benefits.
Many contractors and manufacturers offer incentives for purchasing and pursuing a new installation in off seasons, which can give you immediate perks like reduced labor or parts costs, improved warranties, and similar benefits.
Replacing in the winter can also give you another underrated asset: time. Time to pick the perfect system for your needs, time to shop around (both for a contractor and for the ideal system), and time to ensure that when the summer strikes you’ll already be perfectly prepared.
Air Conditioner Replacement in Ogden, UT
Starting to think the time is nigh for you to seek an air conditioner replacement, or looking for experts who can help you make the right call? Contact the trained specialists at Mountain Air! We’ve been proudly serving Ogden and the surrounding areas for decades, and we pride ourselves on our ability to help clients get the services they actually need, not just a sales pitch!