Carbon Monoxide Detector Use in Layton, Utah
Providing service for the Layton, Utah area!
Do you have a carbon monoxide (CO) detector installed in your Layton home? If so, have you checked the batteries lately? Having a working carbon monoxide detector in your home is so important when it comes to your safety and the safety of your family members. The detectors are designed to sound an alarm if they sense a dangerous amount of CO in the air. Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless. Unlike smoke, it does not give any warning when it becomes dangerous.
If you have a gas burning furnace or heating system and live in the Layton, Utah area, you need to install a carbon monoxide detector. Contact Mountain Air today, we can help!
Types of Carbon Monoxide Detectors
There are three different types of CO detectors on the market.
- Plug in
- Battery operated
The simplest and cheapest CO detector is a battery operated one. Most consumers in Layton, Utah would be surprised to know that carbon monoxide detectors do not have an infinite lifespan. The sensors wear out every five to seven years and usually warn you by repeatedly sounding an alarm when they need to be replaced
Remember to test your carbon monoxide detector once a month to make sure it is working properly.
Installation of Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Carbon monoxide mixes with warm air, which rises, so we install CO detectors on ceilings. If you are only installing one CO detector, we suggest placing it near the sleeping area. This way you can hear the alarm if it sounds during the night. However, we recommend installing at least one detector on each floor and in every bedroom of your Layton home. Carbon monoxide is not something to take lightly and the better prepared you are, the safer your home will be.
Carbon Monoxide and Furnace Maintenance in Layton
With every gas furnace installation in Layton we perform, we install at least two carbon monoxide detectors. We would not recommend installing a gas furnace without these safety devices. We want to make sure our clients are safe at all times. It is also important to have your furnace maintained regularly to make sure that your heating system is not leaking carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless; these safety devices could save your life.
To inquire about carbon monoxide detector installation, gas furnace installation or maintenance in Layton, Utah, call Mountain Air today at (801) 416-2215(801) 416-2215.