How old is your heat pump? Like all mechanical things in your home, your heat pump is not designed to last forever. In fact, the average lifespan of a heat pump is only around 14-15 years. While proper maintenance and attention through the year can improve its lifespan, eventually it is going to need to be replaced with a newer, more efficient model. If your heat pump is reaching the end of its expected lifespan, Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating can replace it with a new, more efficient option.
Give Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating a call today to discuss the current heat pump options we have or to schedule your heat pump replacement.
Signs You Need Heat Pump Replacement
Sometimes the need for a new heat pump is obvious. When you have a serious problem with your heat pump leading to a complete system failure, then it’s time to replace it. However, some signs are less obvious, and often replacing the system proactively ends up being more cost effective than paying for repairs over and over on an old our outdated system. Here are some signs to watch for:
- System age. If your system is 10 or more years old, it’s time to start planning for replacement. It’s going to wear out soon.
- Unusual noises. If your heat pump is getting noisy, and there’s no obvious repair need, you may be able to cut down on the noise by replacing it.
- Increased energy bills. If your energy bills are starting to creep up, and there’s no obvious reason like a rise in Ogden energy costs, then you may want to replace your system with a more efficient one. Over time, heat pumps lose efficiency, and the only solution is replacement.
- Increased need for repairs. If your heat pump is starting to nickel and dime you, then consider replacing it with a new model that won’t have the constant need for repairs.
- Inefficient heating or cooling. If some rooms in your home are too warm or too cold, a new heat pump that is better sized for your home may do the trick.
Are you noticing these signs and symptoms? Trust the team at Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating to give you a reliable and efficient option.
Your Trusted Source for Heat Pump Replacement in Ogden, Utah
If it’s time for a new heat pump, you need a reliable, trustworthy team to call. Mountain Air has been serving the people of Ogden and the surrounding communities for over 50 years. We are a locally owned and operated company who stands behind our products and service, so you can hire us with confidence. Let us send one of our experienced, NATE-certified technicians to your home for a free in-home estimate on heat pump replacement. Learn just how affordable and convenient it can be to have a new, reliable and efficient heat pump in your home with the help of Mountain Air.
Call us today at 801-416-2215 or contact us online to get started.