Heat Pump Maintenance & Tune-Ups in Ogden UT
Heat pumps might be the most energy-efficient HVAC systems on the market, but like all HVAC equipment, they require routine maintenance to keep them in peak condition.
Along with our heat pump installations and heat pump repairs, Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating offers heat pump maintenance designed to help keep your operating costs low and save you time and money on expensive repairs.
While you can perform simple maintenance tasks like cleaning or changing the air filter and removing foliage from around the outdoor unit, maintenance by trained specialists ensures your heat pump runs efficiently and properly throughout the year.
For professional heat pump maintenance for your Ogden, UT, area home, call Mountain Air at (801) 416-2215 to schedule an appointment.
What Happens During a Heat Pump Tune-Up?
When one of our HVAC specialists provides twice-yearly heat pump maintenance at your Ogden, UT, home, you can expect them to:
- Clear all obstructions from the condensate drain
- Inspect the air filter and replace it, if necessary
- Lubricate moving parts to reduce friction and improve efficiency
- Test controls to verify correct startup and shutdown
- Clean the condenser coil and fan
- Inspect belts, pulleys, electrical wiring, and connections, and replace any damaged wire
- Flush the drain line
- Test the crankcase heater to ensure there are no performance issues that might damage the compressor
- Test thermostat sensors
They’ll also check:
- For any cracks or leaks
- If the blower wheels and motors have restricted airflow
- Refrigerant levels and, if necessary, recharge the unit
- The refrigeration metering device
- The ducts for dirt, obstructions, or other damage that can cause leaks or restrict airflow
- The defrost assembly to verify the timer’s working
- If there are any monitor coil temperature variations
- The disconnect switches and test time delay to prevent electrical hazards
- Unit placement and elevation to prevent drainage and other problems
Why Heat Pump Maintenance Matters
The general benefits of maintaining your heat pump include:
- Better energy efficiency: A well-maintained heat pump is up to 25% more efficient than a neglected one.
- Reduced operating costs: Maintenance performed twice a year prevents minor issues from turning into expensive repairs.
- Increased system life span: Over time, a heat pump’s components experience wear and tear. Regular maintenance ensures the parts are sufficiently lubricated to prevent premature failures. The technician will also replace worn parts and prevent them from becoming future problems.
- Saved time: Maintenance is generally less time-consuming than heat pump repairs.
Take Advantage of Mountain Air’s Heat Pump Maintenance Plan
There’s never a better time than right now to schedule preventative heat pump maintenance at your Ogden, UT, area home. Mountain Air offers convenient annual HVAC service agreements that protect your investment at an affordable price.
Our service plan offers benefits like:
- The most cost-effective maintenance strategy possible
- Peace of mind that your heat pump’s running at peak efficiency
- 15% off when you need AC or furnace repair
- Priority service scheduling
Don’t neglect maintenance. Join the SAVE Plan to start saving, or call our heating and cooling experts at Mountain Air today.