Furnace Maintenance in Ogden, Utah
Comparing your furnace system to your car might seem odd at first glance. One has wheels and goes places; the other sits stationary and heats your home. But they share one significant similarity, and this is where we want to focus: you rely on both of them a lot.
Any tool, machine, or appliance that runs for hours and hours will need routine cleaning, calibrations, and care to keep running effectively. That’s why the Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating team places such a huge importance on providing routine furnace maintenance.
Our family of HVAC specialists has been providing leading solutions and cost-effective services in the Ogden, UT, area since 1954. Our furnace maintenance is comprehensive, and we have the tools and training to offer complete service for all home heating systems. If you want to pay less for repairs, get more effective comfort, and keep utility costs to a minimum, then you’ve come to the right place!
When the time comes to set a date for your furnace maintenance visit, call Mountain Air at (801) 416-2215.
Don’t have time to make a call? No problem — you can set an appointment online!
The Benefits of Routine Furnace Maintenance
We can take all day to tell you how a furnace maintenance service is essential. But at the end of the day, it’s a service, and it’s one you want to know is worth investing in. So, what does professional maintenance offer you?
- Keeps you safe: Gas furnaces burn fuel to produce heat. If gas leaks into your Ogden home, it can cause health problems that could result in death.
- Protects your warranty: Annual maintenance ensures you stay safely within your warranty for as long as it is active.
- Lowers utility costs: Gas and electric costs are both high, so you want to use as little of them as possible. A well-maintained system gets the job done more efficiently, saving you money each month.
- Improves energy efficiency: Furnace tune-ups include cleaning and inspection of the burner and heat exchanger, ensuring your unit will run efficiently all winter.
- Reduces frequent breakdowns: It’s no joke to say that more than half (closer to 3/4) of the repairs we perform could be avoided if the homeowner had been getting annual furnace maintenance. We’re glad to do it, of course, but you’d probably be happier avoiding it!
- Increases furnace life span: Heating systems don’t come cheap, so you want yours to last 10 or 15 years, if not more. Maintenance services can help you get that!
- Improves indoor air: When you make yearly tune-ups a priority by replacing the filter, patching ductwork leaks, and dusting the equipment, the air you breathe is fresher than ever.
- Offers even, effective heat: A system that is clean and calibrated by an expert will operate as it did the day it was installed. That includes heating across your whole home and maintaining the power needed to fight off a Utah winter night.
Maintenance Services in Weber County
Each system and home is unique, requiring heating experts to be precise and highly knowledgeable to provide the quality of service you want. At Mountain Air, we’ve been handling maintenance services for all brands and types of heating systems for decades. With our experience on your side, you’re guaranteed solutions that help you stay comfortable and cost-efficient in your home.
What Do We Do During a Furnace Maintenance Service?
When winter comes around here in Utah, you need your system operating at its best in all regards. We cover all of your Ogden heating systems’ needs by performing a safety check where a furnace technician will:
- Perform carbon monoxide test
- Inspect for combustibles around furnace
- Inspect venting system
- Test safety and control circuits
- Test ignition system
- Inspect electrical wiring
- Examine heat exchanger for damage and corrosion
Once the safety check is complete, they will:
- Inspect blower assembly
- Check thermostat calibration
- Measure amperage and voltage of all motors
- Lubricate moving parts per manufacturer’s specs
- Tighten electrical connections
- Measure and adjust gas pressure
- Clean and test thermocouple and pilot assembly
- Clean or replace air filter
- Clean furnace exterior
- Measure temperature difference of air supply/return
- Check condensate drains
- Monitor the heating cycle
Importance of Annual Furnace Maintenance
Performing regular maintenance on your furnace will prolong the life of your heating system. If your furnace is not running properly, it can drastically reduce its efficiency, which can cost you hundreds of dollars on your energy bills. Not to mention, if your furnace is leaking carbon monoxide, your entire family could be at risk for serious health problems. If you neglect your furnace, it can result in expensive repairs or, worse, deadly consequences. It’s also important to remember that some manufacturer warranties will become void if the furnace is not properly taken care of.
Maintenance Agreements Protect Your Furnace and Ensure Your Comfort
Preventive maintenance is essential for keeping your heating system in good condition. Whether you have a gas furnace, electric furnace, or hybrid system, regular maintenance ensures that your system is ready to go when the temperature starts to drop. Even so, the hustle and bustle of modern life make it difficult to stay on top of routine furnace maintenance. Maintenance agreements make it a little easier.
At Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating, our maintenance agreements offer our clients many benefits. Our preventive maintenance services allow our technicians to keep your furnace in prime condition. In turn, this increases the longevity of the system and enhances its efficiency. This translates to lower utility bills and lower lifetime repair and replacement costs.
When you enroll in our maintenance program, you will also receive priority service. Should a problem arise, we will respond quickly to your call. Our technicians will have access to the records of your system, so they can track and resolve issues.
The greatest benefit is the peace of mind that comes with knowing your system is covered by a solid maintenance plan. We make it easy to stay on top of maintenance so you can focus on enjoying time with friends and family. You can relax because you know the team at Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating is protecting your system from failure, your home from damage, and your family from discomfort.
Heating Services in Ogden, Utah
Regular maintenance is vital for a fully functioning furnace. An annual tune-up by one of our NATE-certified professionals at Mountain Air ensures efficient heating, lower energy bills, and increased furnace life span while also reducing the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. We even offer maintenance agreement packages for prepaid routine services.
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Maintenance
What time of year should I schedule furnace maintenance?
It is best to schedule furnace maintenance in early fall and again in late spring. Biannual maintenance gives you the greatest protection and allows you to correct minor defects before they cause a system failure.
Can I tune my furnace myself?
It’s not a problem for you to perform basic tasks such as changing the filter, inspecting the unit, and cleaning the outside of the furnace. However, you should not attempt to make adjustments to parts and mechanisms. Only a licensed HVAC specialist should perform those tasks.