Ductless Mini-Split Systems in Ogden, UT
Discover the Flexibility & Energy Efficiency of a Ductless HVAC System
Do you live in a smaller home in the Ogden, Utah, area? Or do you wish you could separately control the temperatures in different rooms in your home? A ductless mini-split HVAC system may be just what you’re looking for.
When it’s really cold during winter in the Ogden area, it can cost a lot to heat your home. By combining a mini-split with your central air system, you could separately control the temperature in different parts of your house and save each month on your energy bills.
The HVAC technicians at Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating are pros at ductless mini-split installations.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment and get a free estimate on a ductless mini-split installation.
Can Utah Homes Benefit From a Ductless Mini-Split System?
Ductless mini-split systems are great for homes in the Ogden area when:
- Space is tight or limited
- Building codes prevent larger HVAC units
- The home is older and doesn’t have established ductwork
- You want to save money on your energy bills
- And more
Our HVAC experts install ductless mini-split systems with one heat pump that can control four different zones or rooms. You can select different temperatures for each area.
Ductless mini-split heating and cooling systems are great add-ons for:
- Computer rooms
- Kids’ rooms or play areas
- Remodeled areas
- Separate wings of your home
- And any other area in your home where you wish to control the temperature separately
Thinking about installing a ductless HVAC system in your home?
Learn more about how you can combine ductless HVAC with a central air system.
Enjoy Heating & Cooling Capabilities With Ductless HVAC Systems
One of the biggest advantages of ductless mini-split systems is their ability to heat and cool. Using technology like that of an air conditioner, a heat pump can move heat around via compressors, coolant lines, and fans for highly efficient heating and cooling to match any high-efficiency air conditioner.
Eliminate Pockets of Cold Air in the Winter
Heating with a heat pump is often considered superior to using a furnace because the heat produced by a heat pump isn’t short blasts of intensely hot, dry air, but instead a longer, more gentle output.
This means you can run a heat pump consistently to keep a room at a specific warmth without pockets of intense heat swirling with cold, without drying your eyes and making your nose itch, and without worsening allergies.
As the temperature stays above freezing, you’ll have extreme heating efficiency from a ductless system, as much as three to four times the heating efficiency a comparable electric furnace could provide. If you’ve experienced the difference between furnace and boiler heat, a heat pump is more like a boiler.
Stay Cool in the Summer
The similarities in technology between heat pumps and air conditioners mean you get largely the same experience as using an air conditioner when using a ductless HVAC system to cool your home. Like a well-sized AC unit, a well-sized heat pump will run efficiently and consistently and keep your home comfortable without creating cold spots.
For heating and cooling, a ductless HVAC system with a multi-zone setup, i.e., with multiple indoor units installed in different rooms, can allow precise control over the temperature of individual rooms. This lets you bump the temperature up or down a few degrees in different spaces for personal comfort, efficiency, etc.
It’s hard to overstate how much happier everyone in a household can be when they can set their own room temperatures.
Benefits of Installing a Ductless Mini-Split HVAC System
A ductless mini-split system can provide homeowners in the Ogden, Roy, Layton, and Bountiful areas with several benefits, including:
- Less energy loss: Ductless mini-split systems don’t require ductwork, reducing the chance of losing energy as the heat or cold air is transferred through your home. It’s estimated that energy lost while traveling through ductwork can account for over 30% of your energy consumption.
- Saves space: Ductless mini-split systems are often compared to window units; however, they’re much quieter and smaller, which is great for people with smaller homes. HVAC systems can be large and take up a lot of room. You can save space with a ductless mini-split.
- Better efficiency: Since you have more control over the temperatures in your home, you can choose not to heat or cool rooms you don’t use as often. This can drastically reduce your energy bills.
- Peace and quiet: The parts of an HVAC unit that are usually the loudest are the compressor and condenser, which are in a small unit outside your home. The actual unit inside your home is very quiet.
Ductless Mini-Split Installation in Ogden, UT
When you want a ductless mini-split system installed in your Ogden-area home, there’s only one name to know: Mountain Air Conditioning & Heating. Our team has the experience to ensure your system is installed correctly, giving you peace of mind that it will work well for years to come.