Furnace Maintenance in Ogden, Utah
Likening your furnace system to your car might seem a wee bit odd at first glance. One has wheels and goes places, the other sits stationary and heats your home. But they share one very important similarity, and this is where we want to focus: you rely on both of them a lot. Any tool, machine, or appliance that runs for hours and hours will need routine cleaning, calibrations, and care in order to keep running effectively. And that’s why the team at Mountain Air Conditioning and Heating places such a huge importance on providing routine furnace maintenance.
Our family of HVAC specialists has been providing leading solutions and cost-effective services since 1954 in the Ogden, UT area. Our furnace maintenance is comprehensive, and we have the tools and training to offer complete service for all home heating systems. If you want to shell out less for repairs, get more effective comfort, and keep utility costs to a minimum, then you’ve come to the right place!
When the time comes to set up a date for your furnace maintenance visit, you need only call Mountain Air at (801) 416-2215. Don’t have time to make a call? No problem—you can set an appointment online at your convenience!
The Benefits of Routine Furnace Maintenance
We can take all day to tell you all about how a furnace maintenance service is very important. But at the end of the day, it’s a service, and it’s one you want to know is worth investing in. So, what does a professional maintenance offer you? How about:
- Keeps you safe – Gas furnaces burn fuel to produce heat. If gas leaks into your Ogden home, it can cause health problems that could result in death.
- Protects your warranty – Annual maintenance ensures you stay safely within your warranty for as long as it is active.
- Lowers utility costs – Gas and electric costs are both quite high, so ideally you want to use as little of them as possible. A well-maintained system gets its job done more efficiently, saving you on costs on a monthly basis.
- Improves energy efficiency – Furnace tune-ups include cleaning and inspection of the burner and heat exchanger, which ensures that your unit will run efficiently all winter long.
- Reduces frequent breakdowns – It’s no joke at all to say that well more than half (closer to 3/4) of the repairs we perform could absolutely be avoided if the homeowner had been getting annual furnace maintenance. We’re glad to do it, of course, but you’d probably be happier avoiding it!
- Increases furnace life spans – Heating systems don’t come cheap, so you want yours to last ideally 10 or 15 years, if not more. Maintenance services can help you get that!
- Improves indoor air – By replacing the filter, patching ductwork leaks, and dusting the equipment, the air you breathe is fresher than ever when you make yearly tune-ups a priority.
- Offers even, effective heat – A system that is clean and calibrated by an expert will operate as it did the day it was installed. That means even heating across your whole home, and the power needed to fight off a Utah winter night.
Maintenance Services in Weber County
Each system and home is totally unique, requiring heating experts to be precise and highly knowledgeable in order to provide you with the quality of service you want. At Mountain Air, we’ve been handling maintenance services for all brands and types of heating systems for decades. With our experience on your side, you’re guaranteed solutions that help you stay comfortable and cost-efficient in your home.
What Do We Do During a Furnace Maintenance Service?
When the winter comes around here in Utah, you need your system operating at its best in all regards. We cover all of your Ogden heating systems’ needs by performing a safety check where a furnace technician will:
- Perform carbon monoxide test
- Inspect for combustibles around furnace
- Inspect venting system
- Test safety and control circuits
- Test ignition system
- Inspect electrical wiring
- Examine heat exchanger for damage and corrosion
Once the safety check is complete, they will:
- Inspect blower assembly
- Check thermostat calibration
- Measure amperage and voltage of all motors
- Lubricate moving parts per manufacturer’s specs
- Tighten electrical connections
- Measure and adjust gas pressure
- Clean and test thermocouple and pilot assembly
- Clean or replace air filter
- Clean furnace exterior
- Measure temperature difference of air supply/return
- Check condensate drains
- Monitor the heating cycle
Importance of Annual Furnace Maintenance
Performing regular maintenance on your furnace will prolong the life of your heating system. If your furnace is not running properly, it can drastically reduce its efficiency which can cost you hundreds of dollars on your energy bills. Not to mention if your furnace is leaking carbon monoxide, your entire family could be at risk for serious health problems. If you neglect your furnace, it can result in expensive repairs or worse, deadly consequences. Also, it’s important to remember that some manufacturer’s warranties will void if the furnace is not properly taken care of.
Heating Services in Ogden, Utah
Regular maintenance is vital for a full-functioning furnace. An annual tune-up by one of our NATE-certified professionals at Mountain Air ensures efficient heating, lower energy bills, and increased furnace life span while also reducing the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. We also offer maintenance agreement packages for prepaid routine services.